Dancemakers is committed to developing the field of contemporary dance practices. Through residencies, performances, workshops and ancillary activities, Dancemakers animates a space where practitioners and publics engage in a discourse around dance.
By 2020, Dancemakers will be recognize by practitioners, audiences and advocates as a vital research, creation and performance centre within the Canadian contemporary dance ecology.
The following organizational values drive our decision making:
- Artistic curiosity, risk and reflection
- Diversity in all its manifestations
- Community, audience and stakeholder interaction and dance literacy
- Equitable support to a wide pool of artists
- Ethical creation and production practices