CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS: 2018-2019 TECHNICAL RESIDENCY
DEADLINE: JUNE 25, 2018
Dancemakers is pleased to announce a call to artists for our Technical Residency Program. This program grants up to two weeks of exclusive access to the studio for the technical development of a work. It is geared towards works that have a performance date scheduled but lack adequate time or resources in theatre to develop the production.
Individual artists, collectives, ad-hoc or incorporated groups can apply. Artists working in any form of dance or choreographic practice will be considered.
The residency can take place over two weeks, which do not need to be done consecutively, between October of 2018 and July of 2019.
To apply, please submit the following:
- Description of the work (max. 300 words)
- A technical rider/list of technical needs
- A summary of what you plan to do (max. 400 words)
- A biography of the artist/group
- Link to support material:
- A maximum of five minutes of footage of the proposed work
- The secured performance dates, venue, and presenter if applicable
- A list of all revenue sources, including in-kind, with indication of whether they are confirmed/pending