CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
Deadline: September 8, 2017
Dancemakers is pleased to collaborate with The RT Collective on Screen:Moves, a program of short dance videos. Presented with the support of the Ontario Arts Council, Screen:Moves invites artists to conceive and create original works for this unique program.
The program operates on a "micro-commissioning" model. We do not program existing works. Instead, we invite artists to submit proposals for new works they would like to create and then support that process of creation. Selected projects will receive a screening fee of $200 and be screened as part of the program in December 2017 at Dancemakers Centre for Creation.
• We accept proposals for new works that are conceived and created specifically for this program. Please do not submit works you have already created for consideration.
• Collaborative teams must have at least one artist based in Canada.
• The program is geared specifically to works created with all forms of video (rather than works shot on film).
• Submissions using accessible video technologies like smart phones, iPads, or webcams, are encouraged.
• Completed works should be 4 minutes or less.
• Projects should address or feature the medium of dance in some way.
• Formats can include: experimental, narrative, comedic, documentary and animated works.
• Proposals must be submitted via email using the attached form.
• Proposals submitted without the form or with incomplete information are ineligible.
• Proposals must include a link to one previously created video work. The jury will watch a maximum of 4 minutes.
• First time video makers are welcome. In the event you have never made a video, include a link to some other artistic project you have previously created.
• Proposals received after the deadline will not be accepted.
• Deadline for proposals: September 8, 2017.
• Selected artists will be notified by September 15, 2017.
• Completed works must be received by November 6, 2017.
The submission form is available here.
Email questions and submissions to: info [at] rtcollective [dot] ca